SPAK "preys" on cyberattack, secrets of 3 prosecutors "exposed", Dumani also targeted

Nga Armand Bajrami
2025-04-03 16:45:00 | Kronikë

SPAK "preys" on cyberattack, secrets of 3 prosecutors

The Special Prosecution Office Against Corruption and Organized Crime, the most important investigative structure in the country, admitted on Thursday that it had fallen victim to a cybercrime. Two former public officials are suspected of having been able to crack the email passwords of three SPAK prosecutors, obtaining confidential investigative materials from there.

The scandalous event took place on the evening of March 12, 2025. SPAK officially announced that on that day it had been targeted by an illegal intrusion into the e-mail addresses of the Special Prosecutors. According to SPAK, thanks to security measures, it was not possible to interfere with the institution's internal system.  

The verifications, SPAK said, have revealed that only the email addresses of some prosecutors were compromised, but not the institution's general IT system. The responsible persons have managed to obtain some information, without being able to secure access to the investigative files. SPAK also highlighted that they have attempted to compromise the email of the Head of the Special Prosecution Office, Mr. Altin Dumani, but without success.

In SPAK's response, it is stated that the investigation launched after the case identified within 24 hours two people as responsible for the incident, the individual who carried out the email interference and the one who distributed the information to third parties, but without revealing their names. In unofficial sources, A2 has learned that they are Zambak Gjoni, a former official of the Fier Prison, and Arnold Rrokaj, a former official of the IMT. After the arrest, at the request of SPAK, they were left in the security measure of "prison arrest" on charges of "unauthorized interference" and "revealing investigative secrets".

The attacked email addresses belong to special prosecutors, Enkeleda Millona, ​​Elida Kaçkini and Behar Dibra.

SPAK said that after the arrest of the two suspects, it was possible to seize the equipment used to carry out the intervention, as well as the downloaded files, while up to this stage of the investigation there is no evidence that they have collaborated with internal SPAK personnel.

Part of the investigative materials downloaded from the prosecutors' emails were sent to two journalists, who, in order to preserve the investigative secret, were ordered by SPAK not to publish them. Meanwhile, other individuals who may have had connections with the arrested persons who possessed this information were also questioned. According to the Special Prosecution Office, investigations into this matter continue within the framework of suspicions about the existence of a structured criminal group. (A2 Televizion)

A2 CNN Livestream

Live Updates

Latest Videos